OTA - over the air firmware update
This guide describes how to remotely update firmware with mDash.
- If your device is not yet connected to mDash, follow the quick start to connect
- Export your firmware file:
- Arduino: in Arduino IDE menu, select "Sketch" > "Export compiled binary"
- ESP-IDF: execute
make all in the project directory. That will produce
- Mongoose OS: execute
mos build in the project directory. That will produce
- In mDash device dashboard, click on "OTA update" link. A file selection dialog appears
- Navigate to the firmware file and select it
- Done! Just wait until the OTA is finished.
The animation below shows an example for the compiled Arduino sketch: